Thursday, October 4, 2012

Spontanious Dentistry...

I arrived at the barn today, with a plan to bring Rigsby out in the open fields and play. Considering that the last 24 hours consisted of constant rain, leaving the chance of some pretty muddy going, I was sure to dress for the occasion. I wasn't too worried about my green plaid pajama pants tucked into my before mentioned muck boots, or even my drastically different colored flannel hooded jacket, after all; it was 1:30 in the afternoon on a weekday. I'd have the barn to myself.

This was not the case.

I opened the barn door and was greeted by the husband barn owner, and three strange men, including one who was going at some horses face with a power tool, resulting in white smoke everywhere.
Oh goodie. The dentist is here.

I was thrilled, and a bit embarrassed, all at the same time. Thrilled because my horses face while eating lately, looked like this...





And embarrassed because instead of looking like this...






I looked more like this...



But such is Life...

There were about 7 or 8 men and women standing behind the stall the dentist was working in, with their well groomed horses. Yes, when coming from off-site, people groom their horses like it's a show, or something. 7 or 8 is nothing. Last month there were probably 25 strange horses milling around the property.

The dentist visits my boarding facility once a month, with his sidekick The Chiropractor; so once a month our barn is filled/packed with people/horses that have come from as far as 100 miles away to have their horses worked on. This tells me they are very good at what they do. It also tells me that my boarding stable is the place to be in this area. But I already knew that. I told Dr. Dentist MD that I'd wished I'd known he was coming, because my horse was showing signs of needing his teeth done. DDMD cheerfully mentioned that he'd just had a cancellation, and he could fit my boy in next.







An hour later...


Two baby teeth and the wolf teeth. No filing down for this cat. We ain't fuckin around round here.



Drugged pony will thank me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment